abou

abou

Amazon giving away 'tens of millions of dollars' in virtual money with launch of Amazon Coins

venturebeat.com
July 9-10, 2013 San Francisco, CA Early Bird Tickets on Sale Amazon launched its first digital currency today with a giveaway: 500 free Amazon Coins for every Kindle Fire customer. The coins, which are worth $5, can be used to buy games, app, and in-app purchases. Kindle Fire customers...
Amazon giving away 'tens of millions of dollars' in virtual money with launch of Amazon Coins

UK VOD Regulator's Competency To Be Reviewed

paidcontent.org
The UK’s controversial video-on-demand regulator, which has angered some web publishers by charging them to be regulated against their wishes, will itself now come under review. Ofcom, which handed the role of VOD co-regulator to ATVOD in 2010, will conduct its first biennial formal review of the agency, to...
UK VOD Regulator's Competency To Be Reviewed
Content Wants To Be Free, And Qabila Media In Egypt Is Making It Happen [TCTV]

Chatroulette Creator Coming to America?

www.readwriteweb.com
It seems the 17-year-old truant who created Chatroulette has applied for a visa. The youngster, be he lucky or brilliant, might want to transition to the American scene some time in the near future. With all the media attention he and his service have received and the explosion of trafic...
Chatroulette Creator Coming to America?

Google Generates $1 Billion On Five Enterprise Products: Can You Name Them? (GOOG)

www.businessinsider.com
Google books more than 96% of its revenue from ads. The remaining ~ 4% comes pretty much from its enterprise products. Even though it's a piddly percentage of revenue, in actual dollars, enterprise amounts to a $1.37 billion business for the search giant.  And it's growing fast, at rate of...
Google Generates $1 Billion On Five Enterprise Products: Can You Name Them? (GOOG)

Much-Hyped Twitter Alternative App.Net Only Has 30,000 Users - Decides To Go Freemium

www.businessinsider.com
App.net, the social network that launched last year as a subscription-only and ad-free alternative to Twitter, will start accepting members who haven't paid a dime. It's an admission that, for internet startups seeking growth, nothing beats free. Starting today, annual members of App.net, who pay $36 a year, can invite some free...
Much-Hyped Twitter Alternative App.Net Only Has 30,000 Users - Decides To Go Freemium
Bay Gross and his Magical EssayTyper: A Normative Critique
Plancast Founder Mark Hendrickson Joins Obvious-Incubated Lift As Head Of Product

An inch closer to the end of privacy (thanks Facebook!)

scobleizer.com
Shared by Bud The problem is that I find no value in these personalization features. If the end of privacy is so evil, so awful, so unthinkable, then why am I liking the new Pandora so much? See, in the past three days since Facebook announced major new changes to...
An inch closer to the end of privacy (thanks Facebook!)
× Just a test of the new info bar. What do you think?